Writing Rainbow is a twice monthly meetup for LGBTQIA+ folks and our allies. Join us to work on your book, blog, presentation, screenplay, or anything else you’re working on!
We meet on the first and third Wednesday, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
The first Wednesday of the month we’ll share our work. This is the meeting to ask for feedback, help, to practice telling a story in front of a (mini) audience, or even just to practice meeting new people. Our focus will be on gaining responses to our work through constructive criticism, and creating a supportive community space to practice and experiment in.
- Land Acknowledgement and Ground Rules
- Ice breaker & Group Skill Practice (improv, party game, prompt jar creation, tongue twisters, etc).
- Workshop, open mic style (please be comfortable sharing your screen, or have prepared beforehand to distribute copies digitally if sharing a written or visual work)
- Event Announcements, Self Advertisements, prompts for next time if requested
Under the Rainbow Storytelling happens the following Monday, and we’re happy to be guinea pigs for and/or give storytellers a confidence boost.
The third Wednesday of the month we’ll gather to check in on our goals, share suggestions and tips, and do some work together. This is the meeting to introduce your project, do some writing or other quiet work, and stay accountable on your progress to a group.
1. Introductions and chatting 6:30-7:00 p.m.
2. Quiet work time 7-8:00 p.m.
3. Accountability check in 8-8:30 p.m.
Feel free to leave early or arrive late as your schedule allows.
Lylium Walsh is the lead organizer of Writing Rainbow: https://www.lyliumwalsh.com
Zoom link for Writing Rainbow: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89509624639