The Black Student Union collective that consists of Mountlake Terrace High School, Edmonds Woodway High School, Meadowdale High School, and Lynnwood High School, requests the School District immediately implement the following:
- Black representation on the school board
- Black History, ethnic studies, anti-racist education or curriculum
- Removal of the SROs in schools
- Mandatory anti-racist training for all staff, including district administrators, plus school board
- Black staff representation at every level
- Accountability for racism that happens in the district
- A committee that includes students that advocates for Black and Brown students in education to help address discipline, racism, etc.